Seven Tepees Youth Program
130 Church Street
San Francisco, CA 94114
What Makes Our Mentor Program Different?
- The Seven Tepees Mentor Program is one part of the comprehensive services we provide our youth. The young people not only receive mentoring, but participate in after-school tutoring, monthly community activities, and a year-round outdoor resource program.
- We place a high priority on introducing our participants to diverse cultures and experiences. Keeping in mind our philosophy and goals, cross-cultural matches are considered in order to involve both mentors and mentees in learning about new ideas, values, and experiences³giving each an opportunity to share and further investigate other cultures as well as their own.
- Because we are a small organization, we are able to dedicate the necessary time required to create quality long-term relationships with all mentors, youth, and their families.
- Seven Tepees Mentor Program provides mentors and mentees ongoing quality trainings to continually raise awareness about issues such as culture, violence prevention, body image, and college/career preparation.
- Seven Tepees Mentor Program also offers a continual support group for mentors to discuss the successes and challenges faced within their mentor-mentee relationships.
- Seven Tepees Mentor Program is committed to flexibility and continual growth. We welcome and encourage input from mentors and mentees so we may continually develop a quality program that will positively impact all participants.
Download a Volunteer Application
Should I become a mentor?
Mentoring Fact Sheet
What Makes our Mentor Program Different?